Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Updated: May 14, 2020
I'm sure you all have a tin of canned chickpeas in your cupboard. It's been there for months and you don't know how to use them?
Try this easy recipe. These crunchy chickpeas will be a perfect addition to your salads or perfect as a snack!
- 1 can of pre-cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Spices at will (I used paprika and sumac, but other spices like turmeric, curry, chilli will be fine)
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them under water for a few minutes (you will eliminate the excess salt)
- Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet, add a tablespoon of olive oil and the spices
- Cook at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until they become crunchy.
A portion of precooked chickpeas equals about 75g or ½ cup. One serving contains: 105 kcal, 17g of carbohydrates, 5g of fiber, 2g of fat and 5g of protein.