Brazil Nuts Healt Facts
Here’s Why Brazil Nuts Make A Worthwhile Addition To Your Diet:
· Brazil nuts are the richest dietary source of selenium, with just two nuts providing the recommended dietary intake of 70mcg per day. Selenium, is a powerful antioxidant which may reduce the risk of heart disease and is important for the immune system.
· They contain plant protein, in particular arginine, which is converted to nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to relax and remain elastic, and helps prevent blood clotting. 30 g of Brazil nuts contain 4 g of protein.
· Brazil nuts contain a mixture of heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat.
· 30 g of Brazil nuts contain 2.6 g of fiber
· They contain Calcium (150 mg per 100 g), Phosphorus, Magnesium (376 mg per 100g) & Zinc (4,1 mg per 100 g)