Almonds Health Facts
Who likes almonds? I love them!
Here’s why almonds are a worthwile addiction to your diet:
· Rich source of healthy fats. They contain 55 grams of fats per 100 gr of almonds, of which 35g are healthy monoinsuaturated fats;
· Excellent source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is an important fatsoluble vitamin and antioxidant which can help maintain a healthy heart. A 30g serve providing over 70% of the RDI.
· Contains natural plant sterols which can help to lower cholesterol levels by reducing cholesterol reabsorption in the intestine.
· Source of plant protein particularly amino acid arginine, which is converted into nitric oxide to help blood vessel relax and remain elastic. Almonds contain around 6g protein in every 30g handful.
· Contain Calcium, 250 mg per 100 g.
· Contain plant Iron, 3.69 mg per 100 g.
· Contain Zinc, 3.7 mg per 100 g.
· They are a source of dietary fibre which is important for a healthy digestive system. 8.8 g per 100 g.